PC LAN/WAN Setup and Windows 2003 Server Active Directory Infrastructure Administration - KB0103
COURSE DURATION: 30 HRS
This HANDS-ON training gives you the knowledge and skills to design, build, configure and implement a Local Area Network/WAN. The training starts from the ground up, from planning to purchasing to designing and to cabling the network and to configuring the network so that it will be up and running. The training does not stop there because it includes Implementing, Configuring and Administering a Windows 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure It teaches you all you need to know to administer a Windows 2003 Network.
This course will help you prepare for TESDA CHS NCII Assessment Exam
Instructor-led, Hands-On training approach.
PC Hardware and Software Troubleshooting and Repair Training
INTERNET ACCESS: Available
MODULE 1: NETWORK TECHNOLOGY, DESIGN/CABLING & WIRELESS LAN SETUP
Chapter 1: Introduction to Local Area Network
- Defining a Local Area Network
- Application of PC Networking
- Organization-wide computing
- Workgroup computing
- Resource sharing
- Distance Learning
- FTP and Web Access
- Differentiating LAN, MAN and WAN
- Network Standards
- Network Operating Systems (NOS)
- Characteristics of a NOS
- Desktop Operating Systems (Client Operating System)
Chapter 2: Understanding Network components for LAN connectivity
- Client for Microsoft Networks
- Network Adapter
- Network Protocol (TCP/IP)
- File and Printer sharing for Microsoft Networks
Chapter 3: Configuring Network components
- Installing Client for Microsoft Networks
- Installing Network Adapter
- Installing and configuring TCP/IP
- Installing File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft
- Setting Workgroup names and Computer names
- Common errors in building a Network
- Solving Network Connection problems
Chapter 4: TCP/IP & Subnetting
- TCP/IP Overview
- Function of TCP/IP in a Network
- Static and Dynamic IP Addresses
- Class A, B, C and D
- Differentiating IP address classes
- Network ID's and Hosts
- Choosing Private IP addresses
- Assigning IP addresses
- IP Subnetting
- Subnetting Class A, B & C address
- Defining Subnet Masks
- Troubleshooting TCP/IP
- Using Network utilities (ping, tracert, ipconfig, arp,
- nbtstat etc..)
Chapter 5: INTERNET CONNECTION SHARING
- Overview of the Internet
- Internet Service Providers (ISP)
- Requirements for Internet connection (Modem, Tel.
- Line, ISP account)
- Dial-up Internet connection
- Broadband Internet connection (Cable/DSL)
- Dial-up Internet connection setup
- Cable and DSL internet connection setup
- Common errors in connecting to the Internet
- Solving common internet connection failures
- Sharing Internet Connection using a ROUTER
- Configuring a DSL Router
- Managing IP address of DSL Router
- Configuring the embedded DHCP server in the Router
- Managing advanced features of the Router
- Sharing Internet Connection using Wingate software
- Configuring the Wingate server
- Configuring the Wingate client
- Testing for internet connection of the network
- Common Internet sharing problems
- Solving Internet connection errors
Chapter 6: NETWORK DESIGN AND CABLING
- LAN Standards
- Multi-LAN Networks and configuration
- Backbone Designs
- High-Speed LAN
- Defining LAN requirements
- Determining user needs
- Network Hardware
- Network Topology (Star, Bus, Ring and Tree)
- Cabling the Network
- Testing the Cable
- Testing the Network
- Post Installation operations
Chapter 7: WIRELESS LAN SETUP AND CONFIGURATION
MODULE 2 - WINDOWS 2003 SERVER ADMINISTRATION - Active Directory Infrastructure
Chapter 1: Introduction to Active Directory Infrastructure
- The Architecture of Active Directory
- How Active Directory Works
- Examining Active Directory
- The Active Directory Design, Planning, and Implementation Processes
Chapter 2: Windows 2003 Active Directory Installation
- Creating a Forest and Domain Structure
- Domain Controller Installations
- Creating a domain
- Creating a child Domain
- Creating a member Server
- Joinng a workstation in a domain
Chapter 3: Implementing an Active Directory Forest and Domain Structure
- Examining and Configuring Active Directory Integrated DNS
- Raising Forest and Domain Functional Levels
- Creating Trust Relationships
- Implementing Active Directory
Chapter 4: Implementing User, Group, and Computer Accounts
- User Accounts
- Groups (Security, Global, Domain Local, Universal)
- Local and Domain Security
- Account Policy
- Local User Profiles
- Roaming User Profiles
Chapter 5: Access to Resources Security
- Implementing Share Permissions
- Using NTFS Permissions
- Inheritance and Ownership
Chapter 6: Configuring and Administering a Print Server
- Installing Local Printer
- Installing Network Printer
- Implementing Printer Security
- Implementing Print Priority, Print Scheduling and Print
Chapter 7: Disk Quota and Auditing Objects and Resources
- Implementing Disk Quota
- Auditing Account logons
- Auditing Object access
Chapter 8: Implementing Group Policy - Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Organizational Units
- Implementing OUs
- Security Settings
- Administrative Templates
- Securing Workstations
Chapter 9: Optimizing System Performance, Reliability & Availability
- Implementing Alerts and logs
- Implementing System Monitors
Chapter 10: Backup and Restoring Data
- Back-up and restore selected data
- Back up and restore Entire Computer
- Scheduled Backups
- System State Data
Chapter 11: RRAS
- Implementing Routing and Remote Access Service
- Configuring Server and Clients
- Connecting RRAS client to Server
Chapter 12: Terminal Services
- Implementing Terminal Services
- Connecting Terminal Services Clients
Chapter 13 - RAID
- Fault Tolerant Volumes
- Implementing RAID 1, 3 and 5
- Troubleshooting RAID volumes
COURSE FEE :
with FREE Flowing Coffee
|Php 6,500||Php 7,000||Php 3,500||Midway of Training||100|
COURSE SCHEDULES :
Other Short Courses..
- UNIX Solaris 10: System Administration - KB0142
- Active Server Pages (ASP) - Web Programming - KB0156
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 - KB0121
- MCSE Windows Server 2003 Security Bootcamp - KB0305
- LAPTOP Servicing, Assembly, Hardware Troubleshooting and Repair - KB0102
- Top 10 Reasons WHY should you choose to train with US
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
- PC Hardware and Software Troubleshooting and Repair w/ OJT - KB0101
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Windows Server 2008 Bootcamp - KB0310
- How to become a CCNA certified professional
@ jonathan marinas
Hindi po natuloy dito sa Espaņa Manila, sa buendia makati lang po ang may nagstart. Thank You.
pano po mag pa reserved d2 sa course n toh? actually sure n ko d2 sa course na toh. sa espana frm dec 3-7
Tuloy po ba ung training for lan/wan pc setup bukas Nov19
Pwde niyo po itong i seat-in sa other batch. Thank You
Anu po mangyayari pag nagmiss ako ng isang kahit isang araw lang ng training?
sana si SIR JOHN ung maging instructor ko d2, un daw ung magaling according to my friend n naging student ni sir john.. sana sulit ang bayad lalo n sa mga instructor :)
We need at least 3 participants to start the class.
How many enrollees are preferred to start/run a class? Thanks!
@ George Santos
Good Morning! The only we have is Computer repair which is PC Troubleshooting. Thank you
I would like to know if there is a course about mobile repairing or equivalent for that matter or ICT Information and Communication Technology
Okay. we will try to open every Sunday schedule at Buendia Makati. please keep posted. Thank you.
Okay. we will try to open every Saturday schedule at espaņa manila. please keep posted. Thank you.
Meron ba kayong schedule sa Espana sa monday na pwede ako mag sit-in?
kelan po magkakaroon ng sunday schedule course na ito sa buendia branch?
kelan po mag kakaroon ng sked ng sat etong kors n toh sa Espana? TIA
Yes, pwede po kayong magenroll sa course na ito. Thank You
Yes, pwede po kayo mag-sit in sa Espana Manila sa monday kung matuloy po ang training. Thank You
hi, nagtraining ako sa Makati branch nyo last Feb 2012, pwede ba ako mag sit-in this coming monday sa Espana branch? M to F 9-3pm 11-05-2012 to11-09-2012..
i have 42 units only in colege 1st yr only , pwd b ako s course nato? aftr dat i wl tke pc lan wan course. im very interested. thank u..
Hello Good Day!Wait for the confirmation of the class sir, we are waiting for the confirmation of the others. Thank you
sana po matuloy tong scheduled training Sat 9-3pm 11-24-2012 12-22-2012 . PC LAN/WAN Setup and Windows 2003 Server Active Directory Infrastructure Administration - KB0103.
could send me an invitation address to my director...The Regional Director, COA Regional Office No. IV, Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City
Yes, you can take it atleast you have any background regarding this course. Thank you
@ CNCTC I was reading the requirements in the forum section and it says that I need transcript of records, which I do not have! The college that I attended before closed down. I'm british/filipino and I badly want to take this course. I'm currently employed with microsoft here in philippines. I want to eventually take some MCP courses as well. How do I go about this? I really need some help on this.
kindly give your contact no. as well sir.thankyou.
Marvin F. Tacud, email@example.com
kindly do the reservation sir on this schedule.or you can give your name,emailadd.contact no. and will do for you.to enroll you can pay on the day of the class starts.thank you.
I want to take the course in this date 10-22-2012, I want to know how can I enroll and pay asap.
as of now sa buendia lang po may ganyang sched pero ala pa po nakaenroll.thank you.
wala pa bang enrolled sa 10/0712 sched for this course?? makiki sit in sana..
@ Mc Gee Acebedo
We will inform you 3 days before the training.Thank you
I reserved for the 09-23-2012 (3pm to 9pm) class in Espana. Would the class push through?
@ M. De leon
yes we will inform and confirm u once this course will push thru...
If you already have knowledge in PC Troubleshooting then you can directly take the course PC LAN/WAN training.Thank you!
Can I enroll in PC LAN/WAN Setup and Windows 2003 Module? without taking its pre-requisite, PC hardware troubleshooting. I already have in dept knowledge of PC trouble shooting from self experience.
I reserved a slot for the PC LAN/WAN course but i guess quota for enrollees was not reached. i cancelled my reservation for sep 17-21 and reserved for the sep 24-28 sched. Please inform me if this course will push thru or not. Thanks.
yes Sir, definately there is schedules for next year.
Magbabakasyon po ako March next year, tanong ko lang po sana kung available pa po mga short courses nyo during that time interesado po kasi ako. Thanks.
Pwede makipag-usap in private.
Please send me the email address or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes puwede po in-house training.Where is your location po?
i am interest to have the courses of PC Assembly and LAN/WAN Setup.
Nag-offer ba kayo ng in-house training. Nasa 4-5 pax, Medyo mahirap kc umalis ng bahay dahil maraming bata ang dapat bantayan.
Transportation and food will be provided.
If you can give me a reasonable package it will be highly appreciated.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Thanks and Regards,
Quezon City - Project 8
Yes start na po ang class ng pc lan/wan bukas ng 9am dito sa espaņa, manila.
sir, start na po ba ito sa monday?
Opo pwde module 1 lang kunin mo. 3500 ang fee.
sir pwde po ba module 1 lng po how much po
3500 po ang fee. Thank you
Sir, magkano naman po ang training fee kung module 2 lang?...
Yes pwede po kayong magenroll sa Module 2 lang.
Tanong ko lang po kung pwede mag enroll sa module 2 lang... kasi natake up ko na po ang module one sa aking vocational study..