UNIX Solaris 10: System Administration - KB0142
Chapter I System Administration Overview
- Sun Hardware types
- Solaris Operating Environment configurations
- Review of administration functions
Chapter II File System Structure
- File system structure and slicing
- The Solaris directory hierarchy
- Identification of files and file types
- Using symbolic and hard links
Chapter III Disk Storage Management for local disk drives.
- Disk concepts and structure
- Slices (partitions) and Solaris device naming conventions
- Physical disk connection
- Listing and reconfiguring the systems devices
- Slicing and labelling disks with the format utility and the Solaris Management Console (smc)
- Creating a Solaris file system with newfs
- Deciding how to mount the new files system
- updating /etc/vfstab for permanent mounts
- Using fsck to perform file system integrity checks
- Monitoring disk usage and directory sizes
Chapter IV File System Maintenance and Security
- The mount command
- Mount options
- The cachefs and LOFS file systems
- Handling CD and floppy disks
- Making room on the file system
- File system security
- SMC file system functions
- Utilities for file system monitoring
Chapter V System Build (Installing Solaris)
- Planning disk layout
- Booting from CD, DVD or network to build
- Building Solaris from scratch; selecting software options, disk slicing, etc.
- Post-installation procedures
- Overview of automatic installation
- Upgrading from a previous Solaris release
Chapter VI Patch Administration
- Obtaining and installing the latest patches, including clusters and individual patches
- Examining the current patch level of a machine
- Removing patches
Chapter VII Software Configuration and Package Administration
- How to set up and customise a variety of tools, including shells, Common Desktop Environment, manual pages and AnswerBook
- Examining, Installing and removing software packages using command line utilities, including Solaris distribution options
- Using the Webstart installer mechanism to install software
- Using the Solaris Product Registry (prodreg)
Chapter VIII Boot PROM
- Monitor prompt commands (boot, probe-scsi, probe-ide, test-net, devalias etc.)
- Identifying system settings such as the default boot device
- Using the eeprom command to view and change settings
- Troubleshooting boot failure
Chapter IX Start-up and Shutdown
- In-depth explanation of the new Service Management Facility (SMF)
- Using SMF utilities to monitor and control boot processes
- Adding your own scripts at system boot
- Understanding and changing run levels
- Shutting down, suspending and powering off the system
- Power management
- Additional information for previous Solaris versions
Chapter X Adding and Maintaining Users
- Ownership of files, directories and processes
- Classes of user
- Adding a user manually, via command line tools and graphically
- User initialization file management
- Password control
- Real and effective id
- Using SMC for user management
- Introduction to Role Based Access Control (RBAC) facilities
Chapter XI Solaris Groups
- The group file
- Group identification of files and directories
- The newgrp, groups and chgrp commands
- Complete example of creating and using a group
- Using SMC with groups
Chapter XII System Security
- Monitoring access to the system
- Using the su (Switch User) command, and monitoring its use
- Restricting file and directory access using protection mechanisms, including access modes, s and t bits, umask, chown and chmod
- Introduction to Access Control Lists (ACLs)
Chapter XIII Adding a Printer
- Printer types and connection methods, including network printers
- Software modifications
- Spooling system commands
- Administrator control commands
- Remote printer facilities
- Printer classes
- Using the Solaris GUIs for printer management
- Specifying both system and user default printer destinations
Chapter XIV System Processes
- Examining and controlling processes using ps, kill, and the Process Manager
- Automating commands with crontab and at, for one-off and regular command execution
Chapter XV Back-Up and Restore Utilities, including snapshots
- Overview and Preparation
- Tape types and capacities
- Sample ufsdump commands
- Backup strategies
- Taking a complete backup with ufsdump Summary of ufsdump command options
- Using fssnap to snapshot the file system and take a clean backup
- Restoring individual files and directories
- Restoring an entire system
- Considerations for disaster recovery
- The tar, cpio and mt utilities
- Backups versus archives
COURSE FEE :
|Php 15,000||Php 15,500||Php 7,500||Midway||Php 100|
Other Short Courses..
- MCSE Windows Server 2003 Messaging Bootcamp - KB0306
- C#.NET programming - KB0157
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
- Visual Basic 6 Programming - KB0151
- Get a chance to win an HP Deskjet F2480 All in ONE printer!!
- Learning Transact – Structured Query Language (T-SQL) with Microsoft SQL 2005 and 2008
- LPIC-1 Junior Level Linux Professional Bootcamp - KB0143
- UNIX Solaris 10: System Administration - KB0142
- Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration - KB0308
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 - KB0121
@ Red atok
Next schedule po is on May 19 to June 16, 2013. Hindi natuloy ung May 12 na schedule due to lack of students.
any updates when will this resume?
The training is reschedule by next week April 28, 2013. Thank You
today is 4/21 will this resume
@ red atok
Our schedule for this course is on April 21, 2013. please make your online reservation @ http://www.cnctc.edu.ph/res...
The passing rate for this course is 99.9%. Than You
when are going to start UNIX SOLARIS?
Hi, I want to enroll in your UNIX training. What are the pre-requisites? Thanks
I WANNA TAKE ThE UNIX AND LINUX COURSE BUT ThE DURATION I SEE IS TOO ShORT CAN I TAKE ThIS COURSE INTENSIVELY WITh U GUYS LIKE FOR 6 MONThS? ThAT IS 3 FOR LINUX AND 3 FOR UNIX
Anu passing percentage nyo dito sa particular training course nato???
@ ERNANI LAPUZ
Sir the tuition fee for RHCT - RedHat Enterprise Linux Essentials & System administration is P15,000. Magkaiba po ang Linux System Administration sa Unix Administration. Thanks.
MAGKANO PO SA LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION COURSE? PAREHO LANG PO B ANG LINUX AT UNIX ADMINISTRATION?
Our Next schedule for this course is on April 22/3-9pm. Thank you
hello, do you have a schedule for UNIX?? i reserved a slot for it..
@gnarlydx & anblicks
Prerequisite po ng course na to dapat po may knowledge kayo regarding PC LAN/WAN and Windows 2003 Server Active Directory Administration.
whats the course pre- requisite for KB0142?
question po, anong knowledge requirement ang need ko bago ipursue tong course na to? or can I start na din kahit wala masyadong IT background? IT recruiter ako pero I wanted to shift career to IT practitioner, mejo in demand tong unix sa market ngayon kaya interested ako. thanks
@ Rommel Jimenez
Yes we do offer Certification for Cisco and Microsoft.What particular exam do you want to inquire?
Sir do you offer certification after the course? if yes, from what company? example..for microsoft.( Microsoft certified) for cisco ( Cisco certified) and how much would it cost to get a certification?
@ Mark Oliver Tagle -
Sir our Saturday schedule is on June 11 to July 09,2011 at 3pm to 9pm. Open for enrollment, minimum of 3 participants to start the class. Thank you.
Sir meron na po ba kayong schedule saturday class Please inform me
what is the memory management of the UNIX?
@ MICHAEL ADRIATICO
Sir before taking the ccna security course you have to take the pc networking or have a knowledge in ccna courses and windows operating system.
Do you have schedules
I'm not an IT person, nor a degree holder. I'm a college under-graduate of BS Legal Management. Will I have a future in the IT industry say for an instance I will take IT short courses such as CCNA Security?
I feel like I'm into the IT stuffs now and I want to take the initiative to take some IT short courses.
Please enlighten me on this.
Thanks and Kind Regards.
Yes you can tranfer your reservation Sir in Buendia Makati but still its open for enrollment minimum of 3 participants to start the training.Thanks.
Can I transfer my reservation Esapana manila to Buendia Makati.. Because it is more accessible to me.. please give me a feed back if this course will be open.. thanks
Do you have schedules other than Sundays for Unix Administration course? Say Saturday? Thanks.
What is the prerequisite for this course?Thanks!